Sunday, January 3, 2010

I am great at highjacking my own posts! On being an expert in my field....

A previous post spawned the thoughts in this one, so I figured I better divide and conquer!

I have some things I would like to do- this year is my year to get published. Ilysa and I are writing a book about polyclay artists around the world. It's a look into their studios and minds, and we are excited about it. After that, I plan to submit to the magazines. Here's the most important fact about the Polymer Clay World that no one will "tell" you, but everyone knows- if you're not published, you're no one. Even though I demo for my local guild once a month and everyone consistently gushes over how "talented" I am, what a "good teacher" I am, and how "knowledgeable" I am, they still say they want a "Real" polymer clay teacher. What am I, liver and onions? So, it's obviously time to sell my soul to Art Beads, Bead & Button, Belle Armoire, and PolymerCafe. Otherwise, I am obviously just an untalented hack not worth paying for my expertise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...