Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Out of the mouths...and hearts...of highschool students

When I left my room for lunch today, I saw this writing on my white board. I have to share it, because the fact that it is there made my day and explains exactly why I teach high school and love it. My students say I work them hard- that's because I refuse to give them much homework. Many of them take AP classes and push themselves with academics, ROTC, sports and music- and I know if I push them during the 100 minutes I have them, they will learn a lot. Plus I use Adobe Creative Suite 3, which most of them don't have access to after leaving my room. I am constantly amazed that I have managed to teach 42 students at a time (times 6!!!) as much as I have in only 5 months! And here is why.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...