Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gratitude, Day 4

Oops, I missed a day! It was inevitable. I got sick, things happen...
Today I'm grateful for stories and their tellers. I am a fan of fantasy. Perhaps it's partly due to family influences. You see, I'm Yolen offspring, and I was given many gifts of books by my mother's cousin, Jane, when I was young. My favorite of all time is The Hundredth Dove (and other tales, actually an anthology.) I grew up with a love for modern and old fashioned fairy tales, and I really love finding out what the REAL endings to the stories are, not the "disney-fied" versions. Let's see, the top shelf of my bookshelf includes...Grimm's Fairy Tales, Where the Sidewalk Ends, 100 Vicious Vampire Tales, 100 Wicked Witch Tales, The Mermaid's Three Wisdoms, The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy, Strunk and White. I see a trend. And today, I'm sick and lying on the couch. Thankfully, there is a Harry Potter marathon on today- and it's the extended cuts so I'm seeing scenes I haven't seen before. Stories can be so helpful at times like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...