Sunday, November 22, 2009

As the Crow Flies...

I love that statement. It sounds so funny to me. And why a crow? Why not the pigeon or hawk? I mean, didn't they use pigeons for that, to fly directly to a spot? Anyway....

We live by the ocean, and the only way to get out of here is to get off of A1A and onto a local road. We have to cross the Intracoastal waterway, and go inland. Thankfully, there is a lot of shopping locally. Almost everything we "need" is within a little L shaped route. The furthest part of the route is the Mall. One evening while sitting on the balcony, I noticed that there is a building that looks quite close, with "look at me" lighting- it's lit up blue on the top with columns of white light on the front. That building is the nearest hospital. It looks so close, and as the crow flies, it is. But it takes quite a drive to get there! If only I could fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...