Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 5- I have a superpower!

It's day 5 of the momentum challenge, and I was encouraged to discover my superpower and nurture it, to think about how it helps me in business, life and art...

My superpower is metacognition. I have the uncanny ability to think about how I think. Then of course, I get to change what I DO based on how I think about what I did or thought. Isn't that fantastic? It has led me to turn on a dime when I need to, to fix a class mid-sentence when I see that my audience is non-responsive, to repair damage I myself am doing because what I thought would happen wasn't exactly true.

So how can I apply this now, to my momentum? Well, a few days ago, I was thinking I would make my new art objects out of fabric. Then suddenly, I thought, why don't I make SOME of them out of clay? I already got a great response from the tribe I am slowly gathering on Facebook (someone said they would buy my drawing if it was available on fabric, yay! and I wasn't even soliciting for that info).

Now I think, because I am able to rethink my original plan, that I will offer it several ways. After all, I'm already known as a clay artist, I've written a book on the subject, and I've been working in the medium for many years.

I love having a superpower, I'll have to sketch myself as Turn-on-a-Dime Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...